The State Education Resource Center (SERC) is organizing the development of an African American/Black and Puerto Rican/Latino Course of Studies and is looking for input from the following stakeholders:
- Students currently enrolled in middle school and high school;
- Parents/Guardians of currently enrolled middle and high school students;
- Educators/Teachers; and
- District and School Administrators/Curriculum Coordinators.
YOUR INPUT IS CRITICAL!
We would like to hear your thoughts and ideas. SERC invites you to join one of our community conversations/focus groups which will:
» Review the legislation for this course of studies (P.A. 19-12), and
» Gather your ideas and input on the topics you believe are most important to be included.
To inform the development of a statewide, model curriculum that is representative of multiple perspectives.
Participation will take place via online meetings at 1:30pm or 3:00pm. Please select and join the session that is the most convenient for you.
- Monday, April 20 at 3:00pm
- Tuesday, April 21 at 3:00pm
- Wednesday, April 22 at 1:30pm
- Thursday, April 23 at 3:00pm
- Friday, April 24 at 1:30pm
Information/Requests? For additional information, please contact Wanda Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option: If you are unable to participate and interested in providing input, please complete the Focus Group Survey using the following link: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/PA-19-12-Focus-Group-Questions.